Course DetailsBack to Calendar
GPS 3D Machine Control for Earthworks (NOCN) 1 Day (£150+VAT)
Download Course info here: GPS LEICA COURSE BROCHURE
Introduction to Leica Geosystems 3D Machine Control for Earthworks (Including Base introduction in GNSS Technology)
LP Training has produced this Assured Course in association with Leica to promote the safe and accurate use of Machine Control for dozers and excavators.
The course aims to provide individuals with a knowledge and understanding of:
- – The applications and limitations of Leica Machine Control
- – The efficiencies and cost savings as a result of implementing such technology on site
- – An overview of the primary functions and features to be able to use the equipment correctly
This course will benefit operatives and supervisors working with machine control and construction plant. The outline, structure and content of this course is assured by NOCN Group
NOCN assured training resources are used to deliver the training
An overview of the product and its primary purpose:
- – Why its implementation is becoming more commonplace and how it improves the construction workflow
- – How we can classify machine control into two categories by its extra hydraulic function
- – A brief explanation of GNSS technology
- – How the GNSS antennas receive signals and how the corrections are applied using a local base station or network RTK
- – An overview of the hardware and what is required in terms of calibration of the machine
- – An explanation of the bucket / blade calibration which is a maintenance procedure to be completed by the operator to account for wear
- – The basics of a 2D system
- – The UI of the MC1 system and how to navigate the Menus
- – How to diagnose potential problems with the system and carry out daily checks
- – The data sync process including conx and how to select projects, models and coordinate systems
- – The basic use of the system including offsets, selecting linework and surfaces, recording as-built points and customising the look and feel of the system
- – How to create your own model using the on-board tools should relevant data not be available
GPS 3D Machine Control for Earthworks Course Length
- – The course will be delivered over a 1-day period and will consist of a maximum of 8 delegates
- – The course is both theory-based, delivered via a presentation, and practical based using appropriate simulation software
Training Course Location – LP Training Centre
Snitterfield Road, Bearley,
Upon the completion of the
Leica Geosystems 3D Machine Control for Earthworks (Including Base introduction in GNSS Technology) you will accreditation by NOCN.
Want to find out more about this course? Contact LP Training on 01789 632971 or fill in the form on the right and we will be in touch.
Want to see what else we have to offer? Please click here to view our list of available courses.